Day 2 workshops & paddock walk – Thursday, 24th February | 8.30AM open door, 9AM workshop starts, 3.30PM event ends
- “Day 1” ticket: AU$80 + GST | Inclusions: barista coffee, smoko, lunch, sunset drinks, and a calico swag bag
- “Day 1 & 2” : AU$250 + GST | Inclusions: all Day 1 inclusions + a MWFD cap + Dinner Under the Stars with live country music & Australian of the Year 2022 recipient, Shanna Whan + Day 2 barista coffee, breakfast, smoko, lunch
Wilmot Cattle Co. at 10544 Armidale Rd, Hernani NSW 2453, Australia
Nearest airports are Armidale (1 hour, 13 minutes) and Coffs Harbour (1 hour, 34 minutes)
There is a limited range of motels nearby, with Ebor Falls Motel traditionally booked out by MaiaGrazing to accommodate critical crew and speakers. We recommend you secure your accommodation quickly at Dorrigo (30 minutes away), Armidale (70 minutes away) or have a look at the great suggestions on Wilmot’s Facebook page.
What to expect
Our 2022 theme is Growing our Natural Capital. Our conference program will draw out real-life lessons from graziers in various stages of growth and sizes, industry leading insights from experts and educators in the fields of grazing management, soil carbon and natural capital, and a focus on health and well-being.
Day 1: Full day conference program from 8AM, concluding with Sunset Drinks (for all), and Dinner Under the Stars (for Day 2 delegates only) on site
Day 2: Workshops from 9AM, followed by guided paddock walks (some carpooling required)
- Dick Richardson of Grazing Naturally (Day 1 & 2)
- Stuart Andrews of Tarwyn Park Training (Day 1 & 2)
- Tom & Sarah Whinney of Chatsworth House (Day 1 & 2)
- Matt & Shell of Trio Angus (Day 1)
- Graham Finlayson of SLM Partners (Day 1)
- Doug Avery of ‘The Resilient Farmer‘ (Day 1)
- Stacey Curcio of Cultivating Wellness (Day 1)
- Peter Richardson of MaiaGrazing (Day 1)
- Bart Davidson of MaiaGrazing (Day 1 & 2)
- Johannes Meier of Danthonia (Day 1)
- Geoff Murrell of Packhorse (Day 1)
- Stuart Austin of Wilmot Cattle Co. (Day 1 & 2)
We will also bring personal stories from:
- Charlie Arnott – biodynamic farmer, educator, host of ‘The Regenerative Journey’ podcast, and Harris Farm Regenerative Ag Ambassador
- Shanna Whan – Australian of the Year 2022 NSW, CEO of Sober in the Country
On Day 2, graziers will be provided with:
- An option to attend a Carbon Project 101 workshop presented by CarbonLink. This is designed to provide an overview of the practical step-by-step process of participating in a soil carbon project.
- A Grazier’s Journey workshop featuring graziers who are at different stages of growing their natural capital, and their experience in participating in soil carbon projects.
- Guided paddock walks with Dick Richardson, Stuart Andrews, Stuart Austin and Bart Davidson. This is designed to be a practical lesson with an opportunity for Q&A.